Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm sorry guys.

Hey everybody. I know I've been gone for a while. I am really sorry. Last time I posted was at my cousin's wedding reception I believe. In any case I'm going to tell you about something I learned that day.

Don't poke fun, but it is my belief that marriage is like a PB and J sandwich. I know it sounds weird, and I did write it as my note to the bride and groom. And now it will be on a quilt of theirs for a really long time. Just hear me out.

Think of it like this. If you take the peanut butter and use it to represent the groom, or at the time single guy. And then the jam is the single girl. The time in between making the sandwich is the time that is considered dating. This is because your trying to decided on having just peanut butter, or jam. When you decide to have both is engagement. Preparation is the time in between the ceremony and engagement. After that, you put the bread together, which is the ceremony. After that comes your marriage. I won't go into detail there, but this is how I summarise. Two things come together to make something beautiful.

I know I'm a little too young to talk about marriage, but it was a spur of the moment that I wanted to share with all of you. Thank you for listening to my stupidity.

Mmmmm PB and J

Nathaniel

6 comments:

Tracer Bullet said...

How ..... thoughtful Nathaniel. Anyway, where do the drinks after the wedding fit in to all of this?

Nathaniel said...

Excuse me, but I am highly offended. Okay there were 2, 3, okay 7. I kid.

Aly K. said...

I really love this comparison, Nathaniel. Your insight is very unique, :). It's a very cool analogy for marriage. Lol, the drink thing... :)

Your blog is awesome, Nathaniel.

~Aly-chan

Nathaniel said...

Thank you Aly. I take pride in my writing, and my unique insight. Really, like most of my fun sayings, in the Philosophical Fun section, it was something I thought up in a second and developed over a minute. I have now over the course of writing this had an idea. Post time!

Leah said...

That's... almost... like... deep, man. I've never thought of marrige that way... to me, it's always been something that I didn't really want to happen to me...

I know that sounds weird, coming from a girl, but I'm too much of a tomboy for my own good.

Anyways, that's kind of given me a new insight on weddings.

Nathaniel said...

If you think that's good. We are all children of the infenite koala. Inside we all feel fuzzy and Austrailian. It is who we are. I kid. But I'm happy to give you new vantage points. It is a hobby of mine.