Sunday, July 6, 2008

Damn the Creator of this Computer Language

Okay, I just got off a comments page. UGHHHH! It was painful. I think you all know where I'm going with this. The entire net is a screwed up place!

If you haven't caught on, let me explain. I hate it when people don't use proper spelling online. Yes, boo me all you want. Some stuff I can stand, like LOL, when your on a fast going forum. But when you have the time, it isn't right. In fact, I still have something against the term LOL. I prefer to write haha. It is one letter more, and it is proper English.

The things that really piss me off are plz, ur, u. The hell is that! On a comments page! That has to be the stupidest stuff ever. If your going to write a word, then write it! Don't give me any, 'Oh it's faster.' crap, just write it! The English language exists to be used, not mocked! Abbreviations are OK, because they do work. But respelling a word so that it is faster to type is just stupid! Yes faster to type, by what? A quarter second? And then people who actually know how to write can read it.

I can understand forum abbreviations, but purposely misspelling? On a thing where you have all the time in the world. Please, don't do this. It is stupid and only used by those who are too lazy to finish a word. Imagine a world where your favorite author wrote like that. You see what I'm saying. If not here is my reference.

Mic rn in da room. Polly turn. "Plz dnt lev Mic." sh syd. "Dnt wory. I wnt lev." syd Mic.

I was going to write more but my internal organs caught on fire because of it. Get the drift. So please guys. Write the way you were taught in school. You spend a good part of your day there, so you might as well pick something up.

Winners don't spell Nathaniel

Nthinel.

16 comments:

Dibsy said...

I humbly agree. (nods head) I don't have anything against it, though, but when you use it so much I can't read a thing I get angry!!

Nathaniel said...

Thank you dibsy. For agreeing, not yelling at me, and commenting. Also the only abreviations I have a problem with are the ones that use numbers as well as letters. I use wtf, all the time!

Dibsy said...

I don't really see a reason why I should have yelled at you. Anyways, after reading 'Vamps and Motorcycles' I know this is kinda like self-advertisement, but I have a story, too, called 'The Ozmics'. If you want, you can go check check it out.

Nathaniel said...

I don't mind at all. In fact I love stories! I think I'll come check it out. Please (Not plz or plox.) come and check out dibsy's story, it is most likely great.

Neon Duck said...

You've got a good point. I mean I can't spell for my live but I generally spell it all out. I am a compleate loser so half the time it takes longer to read the computer laugage than it is to write, people are stupid.

I will forever use w00t, though.

~Neon Duck

Nathaniel said...

Thanks neon duck. Your version of woot, amuses me. Hey, if you can't spell then that isn't the same. That doesn't make you stupid. Well actually. No I kid. From what I've seen of your writing you are not stupid. Mind you I have only seen a comment, but writing can really show who you are, along with competing. It's weird but true. Anyways, once I went on a forum and asked why people talked like that. Oh the torment I recieved by the bafoons. So yeah. Bob eat brain.

Dibsy said...

I agree!! Neon Duck, you are not stupid, and I know, because your critiques have been burned down to my soul!! Your's too, Nathaniel!!

Leah said...

I shorten things to stupid little words when I'm on aim or gmail, but if I'm commenting, or doing something that a lot of people are going to read, I usually have pretty good spelling.

I do agree with you, though.

Anonymous said...

I agree. It is rather annoying, though I often catch myself doing it all the time! I frequently type u or ur, and I often backspace and type it out fully. Though sometimes I'm just too lazy to fix it. YES I ADMIT I AM A COUCH POTATO. and proud of it. All I've been doing for the past few days was sitting here at this computer working on my story. I literally have not done anything. Besides band camp last night, and that was horrific. I do find marching quite frustrating. I can't wait to endure a week long camp in AUGUST. We have practice 12 HOURS A DAY for that WHOLE WEEK. *jumps with excitement. not* But anyway, I understand completely and I will try my best not to make any spelling or grammatical errors in this comment. (another thing I do a lot is the stupid little smiley faces :D I have a feeling that won't stop any time soon...)

Nathaniel said...

Well I like to hear that your making an effort. I have nothing against smilies. They aren't stupid. It doesn't affect your spelling, and it shows your emotion. Plus it's creative!

Dibsy said...

YAY!! Thanks a bunchies for telling me how you think about 'The Ozmics'. I put in Chapter 2. Care to review? I think I improved. ^^

Aly K. said...

I do agree... I, however, am not very all... I dunno... I just kind of get carried away sometimes with that, I must admit. But most of the time, I spell things out. It just doesn't make sense to do it in structured items, like roleplaying posts, reviews, forum games and all that. Chatrooms-IMs= that's personal. You can do it if you want. Just as long as you don't get TOO carried away... or else your english skills shall die. Dx

Anyway, good post. 8)

Dibsy said...

What alyce kullen here says is veyr try. V.V (nods)

Manga Dork said...

It makes me angry to. But I like LOL and BTW which are okay in my point of view. I dislike it when people talk in it.

Anonymous said...

"The English language exists to be used, not mocked." Hallelujiah! That sentence could also be applied to situations where people use the word "gay"...gag me with a spoon! You know the vehement grudge I hold against that expression.

-Katherine

Nathaniel said...

Yes I do Katherine, yes I do. Also, we need part two of herr story. If we could have that, we have plenty of people waiting to write. Not trying to be rude.