Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bunny and Skunk.

This is an improvised story that I came up with yesterday, for my four year old cousin Eva. No she is not the one to have just got married, that one was a boy and in his early twenties.

Once upon a time there was a rabbit named Bunny. He had a good friend named Skunk. They would play in the meadow, smell the flowers, chase each other, blow on dandelions. One day Skunk was bored.

"What should we do today Bunny?" he asked. "What we do every day silly head, play in the meadow." replied Bunny. "But that's not cool." said Skunk. Bunny gave him a questioning look. "What do you mean? We have fun doing it every day." said Bunny. "Yeah, and that's why we aren't popular. We need to do what the cool animals do." said Skunk. Bunny was a little bit disappointed. He liked playing in the meadow, it was fun. He enjoyed himself, and so did Skunk, so why did it matter what others thought. "We should just stay here. We don't need to be any more than this. Were happy doing what we do, so why waste our time with them." said Bunny. Skunk scowled at Bunny. "Fine but if you don't come I won't be your friend anymore." he said. Bunny didn't want to loose Skunk. "Fine, I'll come." said Bunny defeated.

Skunk and Bunny went to the river. There they saw Buffalo Jimmy, who was a mouse, no the cool mouse. Him and all his mouse buddies were hanging out by the river. Skunk and Bunny went over to him.

"Hey Buffalo Jimmy." said Skunk. "Watcha doin'?" he asked. "Eh not a lot. We were just about to jump into the river." he said. Bunny laughed thinking it was a joke. "What you laughing about Bunny?" asked Buffalo Jimmy. Bunny found that he wasn't joking and stopped laughing. "So can we join your river jumping?" asked Skunk. "Eh, why not." replied Buffalo Jimmy. Bunny grabbed Skunk. "Okay man. When you said hanging out, I thought you meant having a riveting discussion of a serious book while listening to jazz music." said Bunny to Skunk. "Do you want to be popular or not?" asked Skunk. "No you want to." said Bunny. "Still were going to do this." said Skunk. "No it's to dangerous. I'm leaving." said Bunny. "Fine then, I'm not your friend anymore." said Skunk. Bunny just kept walking.

Buffalo Jimmy, his mouse buddies, and Skunk jumped in the river for the entire afternoon. They jumped, and jumped. The next morning their bodies were found down stream. Bunny often thought that the same thing would have happened to him if he had jumped. He found a new friend called Squirrel. He had a family and a great life. He lived to be the nice age of ten (Not in bunny time. Correct me if I'm wrong for a good age.)

In the end Bunny was right, and Skunk was dead. And we all learn a valuable lesson. Just because cool people do it, doesn't mean it's good. Or Sal Esteem, beat Pierre Pressure.

Yell at me all you like, I still told it to a four year old girl.

She was all ears to

Nathaniel

9 comments:

L.T. John said...

Dear God! :O That got me to stop river jumping!

Nathaniel said...

I hope it has John, I hope it has.

Tracer Bullet said...

You should start a line of children's stories. But work on the endings. Skunk should just come down with hipothermia or something and bunny dumps him for being stupid. We don't want this to end up like Danny Donkey. Do we?

Nathaniel said...

I think I might do that from time to time. But the ending thing I will keep. I like the comedic flare it adds. They will be a series of children story parodies.

Aly K. said...

Awww... I won't yell. I do agree with tracer bullet, but, I do agree with you, also. Just as long as little kids or parents accidentally buy your parodies and end up with crying children and parents suing you for writing such a 'mature ending'.

*jk* Heh...

Poor Skunk. :'(

Nathaniel said...

I think that it is clear enough that this blog is not meant for young children. And you failed to mention Buffalo Jimmy and his mouse buddies. In any case, I will avoid deaths, if I can. But this is reflective of the recent saying that I added. When the wind blows, it makes waves on the water. What I mean by this is that actions have reprecusions. Plus, he was jumping in a river! It's not like he's gonna live through it every time he does it. In any case, I will try and avoid death. Also I really did tell that to a four year old. But she wasn't really paying attention.

Anonymous said...

hey, have you read my blog yet? I just realized that I killed off a character named Nathaniel! sorry about that... I wrote it before I knew about you XP

Oh, and cute story! Though I probably wouldn't tell a four year old that... but that's just my opinion.

Nathaniel said...

That hurts my feelings. Not really. Was the character a bad person? Also she wasn't paying attention, her being four years old. Plus it was improvised. A little bit like first thing to pop into your head.

Anonymous said...

No, Nathaniel was not a bad person. He was an old warlock :D YOU HAVE SPECIAL POWERS!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DISCOVERY!! well, my discovery, actually. and my creation. But that just makes me sound like a mad scientist, which I most certainly am not. I stink at science. XP

Again, sorry about killing you =)