Monday, May 19, 2008

Time off

Dear readers,
Something has just occurred to me. You see I am at the end of a long weekend and I have school work to do. The reason I have this day off is because it is Victoria day. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this is supposed to be a day honoring queen Victoria. I think she would be honored knowing that I am writing about William Wallace, a man who rejected her nation. Now I mean no offence to either of these historical figures but this is just bringing me to my point.
My point is that I should be enjoin this day off to the fullest, but and I must confess that I put off this project about William Wallace, I am stuck inside on a beautiful day. I think schools should live up to there promises of "Time off" because they give us time in the day to enjoy ourselves yet it's jam packed with three to five hours of home work (Very large over estimation) I mean if someone tells me "Here's a Popsicle but you can't eat it." I AM going to flip out or at least be extremely disappointed. I mean seriously you have got to be kidding me. Here's a fun fact for you, Finland has the top scores on international testing, something about the Finland school system is the least demanding school system in the world! They start school later and end earlier, plus no homework, all the promises of free time are kept, everything personal but this is the best school system for me. Anyways just something to think about.


Fight the machine with your words.

Nathaniel

No comments: