Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dawn of the New World, and an update.

Okay, I'm late on this, but I have a good reason. It is, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. I talked about how pissed off I was that I couldn't get it on time a little while ago. Well now, a while later, I have it, and I think I'm nearing the end. It's sort of sad that I am. You see, I expected it to be far longer, but I did just hop the plot, and didn't take time to smell the possibly man eating flowers. There are in fact a whole lot of sidequests to do, that I may just go back and do (Mainly because I'm sort of stuck on a boss fight right now.) And they made it shorter by cutting out them, sometimes annoying, world map travel systeme, and just put in an isntant quick jump. I can't feel good about making giant grasshoppers extinct, because they are in the great fields of doom, while I am confined to my dungeons of polar bears. But they do make up for it, by adding in way more voice stuff, including voicing the ever funny skits. Going from Tenebrae being an old coot armed with bad puns, to Lloyd being accused of wanting to have an affair with a married woman, and being yelled at for it, or accused of being a peeping tom, and being punished with the summon spirit of water for it. Plus the recruit a monster systeme, which allows me to put Fenrir, the ice wolf on my team. Though it's the monster systeme downfall is that your always swarmed with guest party members, and never get to use your level 100 Fenrir, because Raine and Genis want to occupy your time, and you can't say no to them, because you know that you won't get to hear Genis yell "Pancake time! Stalagmite!" So I'm almost never using my monsters, who, ironically, are a way higher level then everyone on your team. Also, when you have guest characters, you can't make them stronger with new armour, or weapons, you can't even level them up! But despite it's downfalls, the game is acctually very fun, but I do have some pointers for if Emil's adventures continue.

1: The world map. Bring it back. I loved running through the world, and scouting the land for monsters to kill.

2: Take out guest characters or monster adding. I don't have room for both. Preferably guest characters on the party. Make them have an appearence, but they had their time to shine, pass the stick on to somebody else.

3: In the event of monster on party stuff, don't make it that easy to level them up. My faithful Fenrir shadows over my puny Emil so much, it's no longer funny.

4: In the event of guest characters, LET ME FREAKING PLAY AS THEM! I was probably way better with Lloyd then I'll ever be with Emil, so why can't I use him?

5: Find a new party. I don't want Emil travelling with some useless guys from the last game. I want Emil travelling with a new group of brand new characters.

6: What the hell happened to Corrine? Yes, I know SPOILER thing happened to him, but what's with him being the summon spirit of heart? I mean you've got all the intense elements, and then there's freaking heart?!

7: Don't make me go through the same dungeons again. I had trouble with the temple of lightning the first time, though the second time wasn't hard, but still.

8: As entertaining as it was, please don't do the same thing to make the main character achieve their rank as peeping tom, you went overboard with it this time. Also the conversation Zelos everheard was a bit over the top too.

Aside from that, a pretty good job. The characters were done great, and the plot line was solid. You should buy this game. But consider playing the first one before you play Dawn of the New World.

Well, after that, it's time for some updating. I played Dawn of the New World, that is my current events.

The poll this week shall be on milk. Chocolate, or white? Or do you drink it at all?

The video of the week shall be put up later, when I find out what I want to put up.

Picture. Another motivational one, on stupidity. Hope you enjoy it. There really isn't much to say about it at all.

I'm still working on that short story, and I don't know when I'll be done.

"Brief is an understatement." This is a quote by me about how short the update section was.

KEEP ON ROCKING! (My good sir.)

Nathaniel.

7 comments:

Coady said...

ok, first of all, chocolat milk wins automatically... and secondly, ToV is far superior to the new ToS in every way... and if youre having that much trouble, turn it down to easy, because im pretty sure youre only playing it for the story... anyway, get a 360 so you can enjoy the awesomeness that is ToV.

Dibsy said...

Ohhh, now I know what Coco talks about when he says ToS.

L.T. John said...

Coady, you did not just FREAKING go there! And, Natty, you lazy punk for having (almost) beaten the game. I just beat the water temple place, and am on the Iselai human ranch. Grrrr...
\ /
030

Coady said...

go there in what way? im pretty sure i went there in more then one way.

Coady said...

meh nvm... look, im just suggesting he plays ToV, and that if hes having trouble like he says, he could lower the difficulty...

Leah said...

I ish confuzzled... help?

Aly K. said...

WRITE, WRITE, WRITE, NATTIE! lulz. *jk* Coolness. Sounds like a rockin'sauce game... but... yeah. *sigh*

I STILL OWN YOU AT HUGGING CHILDREN.