Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sneak Peak!: Silver.

In this city of stone, in this city where the creations of man touch the sky. In this metropolis, where the humans know no bounderies to further themselves, but the cost to the world is not seen. In this Falcon City, cultural center of the country of Aves, and possibly the world, there is war. No war like man has ever seen. No war that any man would be able to fight. A war that reaches into the metaphorical underground of the city. A war between those closer to gods than we know. A war between Werewolves, and Vampires. And a new, and tide turning piece is about to enter this war.

Date: Monday, June 8th, 2009.
Time: 1:18 AM.
Location: Unknown.

Where am I! Thought Nicholas as he pushed his way through brambles, and over growth. A damp foggy air surrounded him every way he looked. The trees seemed to be extremely old, as their branches barred the way to the sky, leaving Nicholas without any knowledge of direction. All he knew was that he was heading forwards, and until he found out where he was, that would need to be enough. "HELP!" he cried, once more, as his voice became rougher each time he yelled. "SOMEBODY PLEASE! I'M LOST!" his call raspy. He coughed into his sleve. "I need to find some water." he muttered.

Nicholas slowed his pace slightly. He was very tired. It felt like he had been wandering for hours, but he could only remember the last few minutes of walking. He staggered with exhaustion, wondering if he would ever find his way home. Come on Nick. You'll never make it if you don't try. And if you try your hardest, I have no doubt in my mind you'll find your way. "Oh how delightful." Coughed Nicholas. "Now I'm halucinating." he continued, his voice cracking. His mother's voice still rang in his ear. Come on now Nick! You can do it! she continued. Nicholas snorted. With exhaustion weghing down, his foot steps became uneven, and Nicholas fell to the damp earth. The wetness seeped through his clothes, and drenched them. He tried to struggle up, but he fell once more. There was a tree not far away, so he began to haul himself towards it. The sharp rocks and twigs tore at him, and left him with cuts. He tried to wail in pain, but no sound came from his mouth, with his toungue as dry as a desert. He came to the tree, and began to claw at the bark, hoisting himself up. He looked down on his body to see the damage. He had cuts speckling his chest and legs, some oozing crimson blood. Nicholas balanced himself on a tree and looked for some exit.

As he looked he saw a clearing, and even better, from that clearing he heard rushing water. "Finally." his voice came out so soft it was almost inaudible. He staggered from tree to tree, pushing himself towards the clearing, and the stream. It was so close he could almost feel the cool soothing water roll down his throat. He panted, but a smile remained on his face. As he came out of the clearing he practically fell over to the stream, and started drinking handfulls of water.He was in the middle of drinking when he heard something moving through the undergroath. He looked up from his hands to stare into golden eyes. A growl rumbling from the throat of the black beast in front of him. "Wolf." said Nicholas under his breath and jumped backwards. He landed on his bottom, and started to crawl backwards, constantly muttering "No no no no no..." The great black wolf continued forwards, until he hit something behind him. He craned his head upwards to see yet another wolf, smaller than the first but huge in size. He had a bright orange pelt. Nicholas looked around and saw that the wolves were surrounding the clearing. The black wolf stepped back and joined the circle, as did the orange pelted wolf. Nicholas staggered for the center of the clearing. "HELP! PLEASE HELP ME!" he cried out. The wolves circled him, each of their eyes filled with hatred. Nicholas waited, and the wolves circled. It felt as if time was standing still. As if they he had spent years waiting. And then, in a flash, all of the wolves turned and lunged at Nicholas.

Nicholas closed his eyes, and suddenly he felt like he was far above the ground. He heard yowls of anger from the wolves, but their voices were slipping away. He opened his eyes, and looked down. He saw the clearing falling, but he stayed where he was. No, the clearing wasn't moving, he was! He looked up and saw a giant bat carrying him away. And for some reason, he felt no threat from the bat. He felt, safe. For once, since he entered found himself in the dark forest he felt a ease.

(More to come soon!)

22 comments:

carls said...

Holy crap... you have serious talent.That's some mad skillz right there.That"sneek peek" was incredibly amazing.. good job *tumbs up*

Tracer Bullet said...

SWEEEEEEET! Empire total war is coming out next week! Why vampires and werewolves? Maybe just a little bit cliche.

Leah said...

DUUUUUUDE! That was amazing! You have serious writing talent, Natty. That was so awesome.

Nathaniel said...

Thanks Annabell, and Lea! I'm not that talented, I just wrote this up because I'm planning to write lengthy (More like 250 to 300 page) books about it.

As per your question Tracer, it's a little cliche I agree. But after reading Twilight, I got to thinking, "Hell! I could come up with a better Vampires and Werewolves series than this!" And while some people here might not agree, and actually I can't say I did better than miss Meyer in writing, I think I did a pretty good job. Also, just in case you didn't catch it, this is a trippy dream.

Dibsy said...

coooolio

Cruz said...

OMFG!!! that was sooooo good... this was me like 3 minutes ago....
AHHHH!!! *curls up with blankie* before the last part of course, I was reading this on my cell phone and i just HAD to come to the compy and sign into blogger just to comment, you have to be pretty amazing to get me to get outta bed when I'm lazy lolz... and I'm very lazy today. Great story Natty can't wait for more... and btw Twilighter right here *point to self* but I'm not offended ^^ *hugs*

Leah said...

You seriously are a good writer, Nathaniel. And I think this sounds like a pretty good vampire werewolf story.

Unknown said...

*squeal!!!* I love it! it's amazing! Soooo much talent! I would definitely read that book! Did I mention I love it?

-Katherine

Nathaniel said...

Uh, your welcome. What's with all the squealing? And this isn't very amazing. Seriously, this is just something I threw together in like an hour, between watching Lost. Which is probably why it's weird.

Sorry about that Cruz, I didn't like Twilight.

Aly K. said...

Ooh, that sounds really, really good. I can't wait to read more. MOORRREEE! Lol. Awesome job, Nattie. :)

The story captured my attention right away. And I like the idea of a werewolf/vampire story. And I don't really think it's all that alike to Twilight, other than the whole "werewolf/vampire" thing. Not that I'm all that experienced in reading other vampire/werewolf related novels, but I think this one goes a little bit more "classic", a little less soft and fluffy and angsty, and more dangerous and violent, and scary; maybe more so the way vampires and werewolves were originally portrayed.

Not that I don't mind soft, fluffy and angsty, but it's best not to have too much of it.
*anideaishouldtrytofollowwithmyownwriting*

Either way, this 'sneak peek' kept my attention, and I really hope to read more soon. :)

Cruz said...

lol I told ya I'm not offended ^^ I hear it alot, Ican't even talk about it on MY OWN blog without peoples getting grouchy lol >.<

Dibsy said...

This was never the way I planned
Not my intention
I got so brave, drink in hand
Lost my discretion
It's not what, I'm used to
Just wanna try you on
I'm curious for you
Caught my attention

I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it

No, I don't even know your name
It doesn't matter,
You're my experimental game
Just human nature,
It's not what,
Good girls do
Not how they should behave
My head gets so confused
Hard to obey

Dibsy said...

are you guys against gays/lesbians?

Aly K. said...

I don't support their lifestyle, but I try not to be against individuals.

Lol... ahh, Katy Perry. I like some of her songs, actually... like "Thinking of You", and "Hot n Cold"; Fingerprints was interesting. I liked "Cup of Coffee" though, but it isn't a single of hers.

Dibsy said...

mmmkay. XD

Will you guys ever retire?

(i'm not, on my fiftieth birthday I'm gonna celebrate by riding across town in a motorcycle with a knitted bikini! >:X)

Leah said...

That is epically special, Dibsy.

I'm planning to retire, unless my amazing coordination (HA! I make (sorry for Twilight reference) Bella look like an amazingly graceful person.

(By the way, for the homosexuality question: I don't support their lifestyle, but I do have some bi friends. Just because of them being bi/gay/lesbian I'm not going to write people off from my life. They're still people with feelings.

Dibsy said...

Bi ppl are nice. :) I dont have a problem unless IM the object of interest... (which has happened...ONCE >.<)

Leah said...

o.O

That's um...wow...

I'm glad I've never been an object of interest, but seriously, the homosexuals I know are good people.

Dibsy said...

they are. even the one that chose me as an object of interest was...sorta nice... (despite possible harassment) ^-^

Cruz said...

and I quote "more to come soon" Natty you and I have very different definitions of soon >.< lol just razzing ya, but seriously post, miss youz *hugs* Cruz

Aly K. said...

I do have a bi friend, but, I really don't support their lifestyle. Yes, they're good people and all, but it's just I don't support it. :-/

But I know not everyone thinks that way. *does not want to cause debate*

Anyway, yeah.

And I will retire... XD Eventually. I'm only 14 now, and I seriously need to get a job. O.O

Nathaniel said...

I know we do, but I just don't feel into the story anymore. Kind of lost intrest when I fell for Carls. Still, it's a sacrafice I was more than willing to make. I didn't know how to continue, and I wasn't quite depressed enough to write my depressing story. Long story short, gang of werewolves, gang of vampires. Shit happens, they find out how they are made, in certain cases of death, if you are deemed worthy, you turn into one of them. I also didn't have any plans for the second chapter besides walk around being a depressing prick, who finds a little girl, who later on turns out to be a reletive of his past life. Bladdy bla, the obvious fore shadowing in the start shows that a vampire buddy takes him away from the wolves who betray him or some crap, he starts staying with an old werewolf, studying something under him, then there was probably going to be a sequal called Blood, where it continues fromt the point of view of the Vampire who helped him, who is also somewhat depressing, and meets a girl who falls in love with him or something. Once again pasts come up, girl finds out vamp boy was her arranged fiancee past life style, she also finds out how to become a vampire, takes her chances and kills herself. Boy finds out he loved her, then she's reborn a werewolf, under the name Ash, (pheonix, hint hint.) he becomes even more depressing, while a PI gets on the trail of the gangs. Viewpoint switches to the PI, and the third part of the series, Fire starts, I belive. After that everything goes to a flaming pile of ass, where the first protaganist ends up defeating an old foe, with magic daggers, or something, and then the old werewolf's old buddy comes up, then stuff happens, and they all, either die, or live happily ever after, I haven't decided.